The GeoPlatform Community Search plugin is used to browse, search, and access the portfolio of GeoPlatform assets (Datasets, Services, Layers, Maps, Galleries, Communities) from within your community space. Community content curators can create custom lists of portfolio objects for display in pages and posts, filtering by object type, links to a community, by themes, and/or by keywords. Through a highly-customizable interface, the user is able to view, navigate and access these objects.
Shortcodes are used to place the Community Search interface within pages, posts, or any other location where text input is permitted. The created interface is contains a rich set of of search options, including search bar, sorting, paging, and scrolling controls.
The search interface can be further modified with a wide range of options under its settings page. Here, the user can set customization, global default behavior, and parameters to control filtering and how results are presented:
- Source community – filter objects to those tagged as “used-by” the identified community
- Object types – the Dataset, Service, Layer, Map, Gallery, Community portfolio assets
- Results per page – number of object items listed
- Interface title – title banner for the interface
- Sorting criteria – ascending/descending sort order
- Default keywords – keywords used to filter displayed results
- Source themes – filter objects to those assigned to a specific theme
- Visible paging controls and search bar
The Settings Page also provides information for setting individual interface options for this plugin. By modifying the shortcode, individual invocations of the search interface can override the global default set from the Settings Page, permitting unique interfaces for a wide variety of uses.
Copyright and License Notice
GeoPlatform Community Search plugin for (John please input here) at GeoPlatform.gov.
Copyright (C) 2018 Image Matters LLC
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Image Matters LLC
201 Loudoun St, SW
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
From the Marketplace
- Navigate to “Plugins > Add New.”
- Search for the plugin “Geoplatform Community Search.”
- Select “Install” and then “Activate.”
Manual Installation Through GUI
- Navigate to “Plugins > Add New.”
- Select “Upload Plugin” and then “Browse…”
- Navigate to the plugin’s zip file and select it.
- Select “Install Now” and then “Active.”
Manual Installation Through File Structure
- If you possess this plugin in a zipped format, unzip it.
- Using an FTP client or command line, connect to your server.
- Copy the plugin’s unzipped file structure into your remote plugins directory.
- Navigate to “Plugins > Installed Plugins” and activate it.
- I’ve installed the plugin, what do I do now?
Navigate to the Dashboard->Settings page, where you are provided with the shortcode for you to start out with. Paste that shortcode anywhere you wish to invoke the interface!
- What happened to my search bar or paging controls?
The wide array of options in the settings menu include the ability to turn these off. Check to ensure that you have not done this inadvertently.
- What if I only want to modify one interface?
The Settings Page allows you to easily control the default behaviors of every Community Search interface, but you can specify specific behavior for individual interfaces by adding information to the shortcode. Any changes to the shortcode will override default behavior set in the settings menu. Full instructions on key terms and constraints can be found as reference in the same menu.
- I customized my shortcode, but it doesn’t appear to make a difference!
Examine your shortcode carefully. Ensure that there are no typos and the correct syntax is used. Shortcode can be very picky about the parameters sent to it.
No hi ha ressenyes per a aquesta extensió.
Col·laboradors i desenvolupadors
"GeoPlatform Community Search" és programari de codi obert. La següent gent ha contribuït en aquesta extensió.Contribuïdors
Interessats en el desenvolupament?
Registre de canvis
- Initial release.