Easy search and use CC-licensed images for WP helps you search millions of free photos using the Openverse API and insert the original image into your content or set as featured image very quickly.
It allows the user to filter the provider source.
The plugin is inspired and based on the [CCSearch] (https://ccsearch.creativecommons.org/) and it wouldnt’t be possible without the Openverse API and until version 2.0 the Creative Commons Catalog API.
After the plugin’s activation, you can see the “Image with CC License” button above the editor and as option into the “Add Media” pop-up window.
By pressing it you can search using Latin characters for an image, browse the returned images, preview an image and its license and adjust the image settings:
– use of thumbnail or original image,
– set the image link (if any).
– Insert the image into the post or as featured image.
- Works in WordPress editor and add a button above the content text area and into the “Add Media” pop-up window.
- Via a pop-up window, allows searching through millions of images using Creative Commons Catalog API power.
- Allows filtering by a provider
- Paginated results
- Quick insert original image or thumbnail with an (optional) link to the image URL or the original site
- Use image as a featured image for the blog post
- WPML compatible
- Multisite compatible
- Translation ready (it’s already translated in Greek)
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9 with Classic Editor plugin
You can find a blog post in opensource.creativecommons.org about the inspiration and how it works.
NOTE 1: Please, verify the license at the source. Creative Commons does not host the content and does not verify that the content is properly CC-licensed or that the attribution information is accurate or complete.
Please follow the link to the source of the content to independently verify before reuse.
NOTE 2: Currently, the plugin needs Classic Editor in order to work for WP 5+.
- Multiple images select support
- Gutenberg compatibility
- Multiselect options for filtering: providers
- select options for filtering: licenses, creator
- Image for the ‘Image with CC license’ editor button
- Info page
- The plugin is inspired and based on the [CC Search] (https://ccsearch.creativecommons.org/) and since version 2.0 wouldnt’t be possible without the [Creative Commons Catalog API] (https://api.creativecommons.engineering/)
- The plugin since version 3.0 uses the [openverse API] (https://api.openverse.engineering/v1/)
- The plugin’s code is based on the [WP Pexels] (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-pexels/) code by WPclever.net
- Pointer’s code is based on [https://code.tutsplus.com/articles/integrating-with-wordpress-ui-admin-pointers–wp-26853] (https://code.tutsplus.com/articles/integrating-with-wordpress-ui-admin-pointers–wp-26853)
- Many thanks to Stavroula Stasinou for the free creation of header image and plugin icon.
- Unzip the ls-wp-ccsearch.zip
- Copy ls-wp-ccsearch folder to wp-content/plugins
- Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins, find Easy search and use CC-licensed images for WP and click Active
- Now when you create/edit the post, you can see the “Image with CC License” button above the editor and as option into the “Add Media” pop-up window.
Col·laboradors i desenvolupadors
«Easy search and use CC-licensed images for WP» és programari de codi obert. La següent gent ha col·laborat en aquesta extensió.Col·laboradors
“Easy search and use CC-licensed images for WP” s'ha traduït a 2 configuracions regionals. Gràcies als traductos per les seves aportacions.
Interessats en el desenvolupament?
Registre de canvis
- Fix bug when image was set as post thumbnail. Props to @gnr5 for spotting the bug
- Display images sources sorted by name
- WordPress 6.1 compatibility
- Minor changes
- Changes to use openverse API urls
- Changes at creativecommons API urls
- Support also non -latin keywords
- Replaces curl with WordPress native functionality
- Fix some typos
- Sanitize input
- Renamed from WP CCsearch to Easy search and use CC-licensed images for WP
- Add class to img
- Larger colorbox height
- New strings added
- New screenshots
- Add wp-pointer on editor’s button
- Fix: Wrong textdomain
- Removed unused code
- New strings added
- Add provider dropdown select
- Fix: Use full image when thumbnail url is broken
- Fix ls-wp-ccsearch.pot
- Greek translation added