Sets uploaded media filename to lowercase as filter on sanitize_file_name. Based on post at Stack Overflow asking if there is a way to “Rename files during upload within WordPress 3.0 backend”.
Created for WordPress 3.0.1+ which saves any uploaded media filename (Image, Video, Audio) as lowercase. This effectively changes the name of the file at upload if a user were to upload a file with any uppercase characters.
- MOVIE-FILE.MOV > movie-file.mov
- Movie-File.wmv > movie-file.wmv
- ImAgEfILe.gif > imagefile.gif
- imageFile.JPG > imagefile.jpg
- ETC > etc
Note: WordPress sets file extension to lowercase. This plugin does a strtolower on the filename.
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder /make-filename-lowercase to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin panel.
- Installation finished.
Why was this plugin created?
This plugin evolved from a client requirement that all uploaded media filenames contain no uppercase characters.
Why did you release this plugin?
It was useful to me and I wanted to work through the process of releasing a WordPress plugin.
Why shouldn’t this just be added to a theme’s functions.php file?
Upgradeability, portability, backwards compatibility, and other *abilities. If for some reason this function were in need of customization due to a WordPress version upgrade, the plugin will be centrally responsible for releasing the fix as opposed to updating the theme(s).
No hi ha ressenyes per a aquesta extensió.
Col·laboradors i desenvolupadors
"Make Filename Lowercase" és programari de codi obert. La següent gent ha contribuït en aquesta extensió.Contribuïdors
Interessats en el desenvolupament?
Registre de canvis
- moved plugin screenshots to assets directory
- added cool header banner for plugin repository
- Tested for 3.3.1
- Versió inicial