Create a Scratch and Win game for your users
With this plugin you can create and manage Scratch and Win cards that allow your users to win what you decide will be the prizes:
- discount coupons for your e-commerce
- reserved links to download useful documents
- giveaways and gifts
- loyalty programs
- free products or services
- etc. (your imagination will be the limit)
After playing, users will be redirected to the pages you choose where to display the prizes or the unlucky result.
How it works
Create a game by setting the number of total tickets, one or more prizes and their winning criteria.
Then insert a simple shortcode in the page/article where you want the Scratch and Win card will appear.
Logged users will be able to play, and the winners will receive an email whose content was decided by you.
You can customize:
- the total number of tickets (winning and not) for a game
- the number of tickets for each prize (it defines the winning probability)
- the cover image to be scratched
- the win image
- the loss image
- each prize image
- the scratcher (generally a coin) image
- the maximum number of times a single user can play a game (total / by hour / by day / by week)
…and other details like endless game, anonymous users allowed, etc.
Playings statistics are displayed for all active games.
This plugin does use a pseudorandom (that is, not true random) number generator to draw results (see FAQ for details): therefore, do not use this plugin to create true lotteries or gambling games.
The author declines all responsibility for any violation (of any law of any Country) related to the use of this plugin.
What are random numbers ?
They are numbers whose generated sequence cannot be predicted by any computer algorithm.
To achieve that, computers must use unbiased and unpredictable mechanisms, such as thermal noise or quantum phenomena (e.g. radioactive decay of isotopes, photons reflection vs refraction count, etc.).
What are pseudorandom numbers ?
They are numbers generated by computer algorithms that try to approximate the properties of random number sequences.
Since they are completely determined by an initial value (seed), they are not “true” random numbers.
Are results predictable ?
Even if they can be considered predictable by a strictly theoretical point of view, in practice they are not.
In fact, it would require to hack your web server system, but in that case you would have a security problem that goes far beyond the plugin issue.
Col·laboradors i desenvolupadors
«Scratch and Win» és programari de codi obert. La següent gent ha col·laborat en aquesta extensió.Col·laboradors
Registre de canvis
- Fixed a datetime problem when server and database have different timezones.
- Added a user cache system for search parameters in admin console pages Game List, Tickets and Statistics.
- Added missing translations.
- Updated the internal PHP library.
- Other minor changes.
- Fixed the user’s limits (number of times) of playing a specific game.
- Renamed db table columns ‘cancelled’ to ‘deleted’.
- Renamed db table columns ‘disabled’ to ‘cancelled’.