The plugin provides an easy way to automatically assign your woocommerce products to relevant product categories. The plugin looks up your product title, content, excerpt and tags, matches the key words with already available product categories and automatically assigns the product to those relevant product categories.
This plugin will be really helpful if your website has a huge number of products and product categories. The plugin minimizes the effort of manually assigning each and every product to relevant product categories.
For example, if you create a product with a title “IPhone 5S Reviews” and you have product categories like “IPhone”, “Reviews” available, then the product gets automatically assigned to these product categories.
The plugin is fully compatible with the recent versions of WordPress and Woocommerce.
- Compatible with older WordPress versions, down to 3.0.
- Compatible with Woocommerce 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x and 2.4.x
- Multilingual Support is included with the plugin and is fully compatible with WPML.
- Support added for common importers like WordPress Importer and WP All Import.
Woocommerce Smart Collection is completely customizable. Among others, you may enable/disable smart collection(s), append with existing categories, choose whether to generate smart category associations from product titles and tags.
From version 1.0.1 onwards, the settings can be overriden for individual products.
From version 1.0.6 onwards, collections can also be made using product content or excerpt.
In the upcoming version we will be adding support for custom product taxonomies. So, keep a look out for the updated version. 🙂
There is a Pro version of this plugin also available.
Pro version will give you the power to group products depending upon certain conditions (e.g. all products that have “mobile” in their title and cost less than $100). When you create new products that match the conditions, they automatically get added to that group.
Click to see the Live Demo
All we want is some love. If you did not like this plugin or if it is buggy, please give us a shout and we will be happy to fix the issue/add the feature. If you indeed liked it, please leave a 5/5 rating.
In case you feel compelled to rate this plugin less than 5 stars – please do mention the reason and we will add or change options and fix bugs. It’s very unpleasant to see silent low rates. For more information and instructions on this plugin please visit www.dualcube.com.
- Upload the
woo-smart-collectionfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory OR search for “WooCommerce Smart Collection” from your WordPress admin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin settings through the “Woo Smart Collection” menu on your WordPress admin panel.
- Sit back and watch the magic.
- Does this plugin work with newest WP version and also older versions?
Yes, this plugin works really fine up to WordPress 4.6! It is also compatible with older WordPress versions, down to 3.0.
- Does this plugin work with newest Woocommerce version and also older versions?
Yes, this plugin works really fine with Woocommerce 2.4.x! It is also compatible with older versions of woocommerce.
- I don’t have any product categories created in Woocommerce. How do I assign my existing products using the plugin?
No worries. Just go and create your product categories and come back and update your Woocommerce products. Voilà, there you have your smart collection of products. 🙂
- Is the plugin compatible with importers?
There are tens and thousands of importers out there. We have tried to make the plugin compatible with common importers like WordPress Importers and WP All Import.
- Does this plugin support custom woocommerce taxonomies ?
Not at this moment. But we are working on it.
Col·laboradors i desenvolupadors
«WooCommerce Smart Collection» és programari de codi obert. La següent gent ha col·laborat en aquesta extensió.Col·laboradors
Interessats en el desenvolupament?
Registre de canvis
- Initial release.
- Feature Enhancement – Now the settings can be overriden for individual products.
- Minor code tweaks.
- Minor code tweaks.
- Bug Fix – Fixed matching of special characters in product title.
- Fixed WordPress 3.9 compatibility issue.
- Added support for importers. Feature Enhancement – create collections using product content and excerpt.
- Fixed WordPress 4.x and WooCommerce 2.3.x compatibility issue.
- Fixed to support latest woocommerce.
- Minor code tweaks.